Monday 2 July 2012

Summertime (... and the livin' is easy)

Happy Canada Day long weekend, all!

Hope it's been fun, relaxing or whatever you were needing.

I've been a busy bee, and Friday squeezed in a much-needed flow class with Aman at Lotus Soul Gym and limbered up for some weekend gardening and my long-awaited move to beautiful Beaumont!



 I'm looking forward to the changes and new connections this shift in geography brings. In case you're wondering, I will continue teaching my north-end classes over the summer, and then will be tweaking my schedule a bit, come fall, to include more classes in south-central Edmonton, Leduc, Beaumont and surrounding area. Next retreat's set for Nov 2-4 in Stony Plain at River Lodge!

Also this fall, there are plans in the works to do a class inside the charming store Bodhi Fit in Beaumont, which is just a 15-minute drive from South Edmonton Common - it will likely be an afternoon or evening group run through the neighbourhood followed by a yogi stretch class! This fall/winter, I hope to get a regular evening or weekend class going in my home, where there's an open, sun-lit space with hardwood floors that's begging to be a yoga sanctuary.



In recent weeks, I've been subbing quite a bit - at Salus Centre, Hot in Leduc, Nirvana Yoga, True Yoga, Lotus Soul Downtown and Whyte Ave. It's been a delight and great opportunity to see some old friends and make new ones. Every day is different and full of surprises, and I feel blessed to "do" what I do; what I live, what I love. You can check out my summer sub schedule here.

I hope to see you this summer, on the mat - and beyond! - to celebrate the spirits of sunshine, longer days, frolic and nurture in nature.

Join me Monday nights for the Summer Hatha Yoga Series at Yoga Within ~ a strong drop-in class, set to music, in which we will explore hips, hams, heart-openers, balancing, kick-ass hardCORE sequences and more!

The focus for first class - July 2 - will be on building up to a variety of balances that require open heart and shoulders, internal rotators and hip flexors: Intense Stretch (Uttanasana), Toppling Tree Pose (Patanvrkshasana), Dancer Pose (Natarajasana), Eagle Pose (Garudasana). Please let me know if there are poses you'd like to work on, or songs you'd like on the playlist, and I will be happy to accommodate! Hope to see you!



On dates that I will be away in Toronto and Montreal, soaking up some eastern sunshine and vibes, the lovely Natasha Michaud will be teaching this class. So if you drop in on July 9 and 16, this month, she will be there to challenge and inspire you. Next week's class, she will be focussing on the many expressions of backbends with a strong core component and great tunes to rock you through it. You don't want to miss!

My other yoga this past weekend was continuing to read the epic Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson, picnicking, visiting with friends Sunday and container gardening at my new abode, under a wide-brim hat, arms deep in dirt. So, so therapeutic! ... and there's nothing like a cold Creemore to cool off and chill out and salute the summer.

Peaceful times, new beginnings.

Much love,
Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment